GLENDALE, AZ – JANUARY 01: Head coach Urban Meyer of the Ohio State Buckeyes on the sidelines during the BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish at University of Phoenix Stadium on January 1, 2016 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)New details have emerged concerning the alleged deleted text messages on Urban Meyer’s phone. Messages were allegedly deleted prior to Ohio State’s investigation into its head coach for his handling of domestic violence allegations against now-fired assistant coach Zach Smith.Meyer, of course, has been suspended for the first three games of the 2018 season as a result of the investigation. He’s one game into that suspension. Meyer has already been able to return to practice.USA TODAY published today an update on the deleted text messages.Here is the latest:Nobody involved is answering questions about it now, two weeks after his three-game suspension was announced by Ohio State.Not Ohio State. Not Meyer’s legal team. Not the lead investigator in the case.Over the past 10 days, USA TODAY Sports asked each: Was Meyer asked if he deleted text messages on his phone? If so, how did he respond?And if Ohio State didn’t ask him about this, why not?The lone response came from Ohio State spokesman Chris Davey, who said Tuesday he was looking into it but didn’t know if he was going to be able to answer it.Questions have emerged about the legality of Urban Meyer’s alleged deleting of text messages. He allegedly discussed the concept of deleting text messages with one of his right-hand men at Ohio State.It’s unclear if Urban Meyer was asked about any deleted text messages by Ohio State during the investigation and/or why he did it. It’s also unclear if we’re going to learn anything further about this.Still, it’s clear that questions are going to continue to be asked. And, at a certain point, Meyer is probably going to have to answer them.Ohio State is set to host Rutgers on Saturday. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. E.T. on BTN.
zoom Cruide oil tanker company DHT Holdings, Inc. announced that it has acquired a very large crude carrier (VLCC) built in 2004 at Daewoo for USD 49.0 million.The vessel will be delivered during the second quarter of 2014 and will be named DHT Condor.The company said that it will finance the acquisition with cash at hand.“DHT considers this an attractive addition to its fleet and will continue to pursue investment opportunities and grow the company,” DHT said.Press Release, May 7, 2014, Image: Wikimedia
Terje Roed-Larsen, Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s Special Envoy for the Implementation of resolution 1559, spoke by phone yesterday with Nabih Berri to convey Mr. Annan’s views in that regard.In a statement last month on the issue, the Security Council said that much progress had been made since the adoption of resolution 1559, which called for an end to foreign influence in Lebanon, including the withdrawal of Syrian forces and the holding of credible parliamentary elections in May and June 2005.However, it called on the Government of Lebanon to make more progress in controlling its territory and disbanding militias, while also calling on Syria to cooperate with those efforts and to take measures to stop movements of arms and personnel into Lebanon.The Council said such progress should be made through “a broad national dialogue.”