Brighton to bid for Preston defender Ben Daviesby Paul Vegas19 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBrighton are to offer for £10million-rated Preston defender Ben Davies.The Seagulls have been sending their top scouts to watch the elegant Davies, who is an English ball player, says The Sun.That ticks two boxes for Brighton boss Graham Potter, who has emerged as the frontrunner to sign Davies despite interest from Newcastle, Everton and Wolves.Insiders say Brighton will try their luck with a bid in January, although Preston would look for a seven- figure fee.North End plan to offer Davies a new deal but the Championship promotion chasers know how hard it is to keep a player when a Premier League club comes calling. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Kolkata: The Calcutta University (CU) and Jadavpur University (JU) have made it to the list of the top ten universities across the country in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranking that was launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development on Monday.CU has bagged the fifth spot while JU featured in the sixth spot. In the overall ranking of institutions across the country CU has bagged the 12th spot while JU has come 13th. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaCU Vice-Chancellor Sonali Chakravarti Banerjee is elated with the performance of the university that had jumped to the fifth spot from 14 last year. “It is a result of our teamwork and our constant effort in upgradation of our academics and research. “We have already started developing the infrastructure of having an integrated system linking all our campus,” Banerjee said. A senior university official said that they have been able to compile several research works undertaken in various campuses of the varsity under a single umbrella which contributed to the jump in ranking of the university. ” Our aim is to figure at the top spot and for this we are taking new decisions to raise the academic and research standard of the varsity,” Banerjee added. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayJU had ranked fifth among the universities in 2017 and slipped to sixth in 2018. It remained in the sixth spot this year too. Jadavpur University Vice-Chancellor Suranjan Das said it is great news for Bengal with two of its universities figuring in top 10. “I feel very happy because I was also associated with CU for many years,” Das said. Academicians, however, feel that several instances of student movements in JU in has contributed to its remaining in the same spot. In fact, in the span of one month in February-March students’ movement had led to the gherao of senior officials of the university at least four times. “NIRF rankings give an academic recognition to a university and help the institution to have an edge in getting foreign funds,” a senior JU professor said. Two colleges in Bengal have also figured in the top ten colleges across the country. Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College in Rahara, North 24 Parganas has bagged the eighth spot while St. Xavier’s College in Kolkata has ranked 10th. IIT Kharagpur has bagged the 5th position in the overall ranking of institutions and has come 4th in the list of engineering institutes. Indian Institute of Management in Kolkata has bagged the third position in the category of management institutes.
Los Angeles: Pop star Shawn Mendes has released his new single ‘If I can’t have you’ along with the official music video. The singer took to Twitter to announce the arrival of his new song and shared the single’s video and artwork. “It’s a confident pop record and it’s clearly that for me. Pop is what’s in my blood no pun intended.” “In the last six months I wrote about 45 songs and they’re all over the place and different vibes. This is the one consistently every time I played for myself and for friends and family was giving people that smile,” the Candian singer-songwriter told Apple Music’s Beats 1. Mendes has co-written the song with Scott Harris, Teddy Geiger, and Nate Mercreau. The 20-year-old singer will be performing the latest single for the first time on Saturday Night Live on May 4. Mendes has recently concluded the European leg of his world tour after he released his self titled album, last year.
Freshman outside hitter Miles Johnson (13) hits the ball during a match against Grand Canyon Feb. 21 at St. John Arena. OSU won, 3-1.Credit: Jonathan McAllister / Lantern photographerA poor start doomed the Ohio State men’s volleyball team against Harvard.OSU lost its fourth consecutive match in a 3-2 decision against the Crimson Tuesday.The loss put the Buckeyes at 8-12 for the season.OSU was lacking in certain areas, which led to the nail-biting defeat, freshman setter Christy Blough said.“We need to start our matches stronger. We were not able to get a good start in this match. We were able to come back in the middle, but still lost it in the end,” he said.The Buckeyes lost the first two sets, but came back with a win in the next two sets. Coach Pete Hanson said the team barely missed its chance to win it in the end set.“We just couldn’t make the last couple of plays and Harvard did,” Hanson said.Redshirt-freshman outside hitter Alex Judkins said OSU played physically at the net and its blocking skills were in action tonight, which contributed to the comeback mid-match.Hanson said the Buckeyes still need to become more consistent.“We are such a young team. We ride a wave, we are up and down,” he said. “We just have to get our play at a steady pace.”The Buckeyes were missing one of their top players, redshirt-junior opposite Andrew Lutz. Hanson said getting the starting line-up back on the court could result in a turnaround for the Buckeyes.Three players contributed double digit kills for the Buckeye offense: redshirt-freshman middle blocker Driss Guessous had 18, freshman outside hitter Miles Johnson added 16, and junior outside hitter Michael Henchy contributed 14 kills.The Buckeyes still have a lot to work on as a team, but Hanson said time and experience should help.“Setting the tone earlier is something we need to do a better job of. We need certain guys to step up and take charge at the right time,” he said.OSU is next set to play Ball State Sunday in Muncie, Ind., at 4 p.m.
Willian has been left impressed by how quickly new midfield duo Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic have adapted to life at ChelseaJorginho was new manager Maurizio Sarri’s first signing of the summer after his appointment as the Blues boss was finally confirmed last month.Meanwhile, Kovacic arrived at Stamford Bridge earlier this month as on a season-long loan deal with Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois going the opposite way on a permanent transfer.Both Jorginho and Kovacic have since made their debuts for Chelsea in the Premier League and have helped maintain their winning start to the new season.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.And Willian has clearly been impressed by what he has seen from the pair.He told the club website: “Everyone has been training well but I would say Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic have been very good. They both bring a lot of quality to the team.”Next up for Chelsea is a trip to St James’ Park to take on Newcastle United on Sunday.
Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa has squashed rumors of crowd violence and intimidation when they face Millwall in what may be a hostile atmosphere on Saturday.Bielsa revealed he believes the police and the stadium security will prevent any potential problems and deal with any issues – should they occur.“I have been doing this job for the last 30 years. I have never been affected by the lack of civility by the fans,” explained former Argentina boss Bielsa.“I have been insulted in my career, spat upon, they have thrown bottles to me – never nothing serious happen to me.“We have to admire how much the (Millwall) fans love their club and England has been the country who try to eliminate violence in football.Solskjaer reveals he plans to build his team around Pogba Manuel R. Medina – July 17, 2019 The Manchester United manager wants to end the speculation that the Frenchman is leaving the Red Devils.“Hooligans do not exist anymore in English football and all the countries who suffer from this thing take England as an example to solve the problem.Bielsa said: “You don’t have this kind of thing in football. It doesn’t exist because the authorities don’t allow it. So I wouldn’t share an analysis that makes you think that violence is possible.”“I can’t think of any public, any fans, that could have more influence than ours,” Bielsa said.“It is very important to us to receive support and we have to get prepared to assimilate the support the other team receives from their fans.”
Olympiakos have announced that Yaya Toure has left the club after just three monthsThe Ivorian midfielder ended his eight-year association with Manchester City in the summer and chose to rejoin Olympiakos in September.Toure had previously spent the 2005/05 campaign with the Greek club, but his second spell failed to live up to expectations with just four appearances to his name – two of which came as a substitute.Now the former Barcelona star’s contract with Olympiakos has been terminated by mutual agreement.Official: Yaya Toure joins Chinese club Qingdao Huanghai Andrew Smyth – July 4, 2019 Manchester City legend Yaya Toure has returned to football with Chinese second-tier side Qingdao Huanghai following a seven-month spell on the sidelines.“Olympiakos and Yaya Toure would like to announce to the fans that they have mutually agreed to end their cooperation,” read a statement on the club website.“Yaya is leaving as a friend and the doors at Olympiakos will always be open for him. Our paths will surely cross again.”Toure managed 79 goals and 50 assists in 316 appearances for City in an eight-year spell.He won three Premier League titles, three EFL Cups and an FA Cup after a successful three years at Barcelona.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp TCI Police reach out to Bahamas hurricane victims Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 18 Sept 2015 – Suicide a Possibility in Rev. Conrad Howell’s death Suicide may be the reason Rev. Dr. Conrad Howell is dead.Just six days after the prominent reverened was found dead near his Blue Mountain home, police tell media that Rev. Howell’s death has not been classified as a murder. Acting Commissioner of Police Rodney Adams at a press conference this afternoon revealed the findings of the post mortem performed on Wednesday which expose that Rev. Conrad Howell died from “sharp forced injuries to the upper and lower extremities.”The pathologist report found that those injuries punctured Howell’s blood vessels and led to his death. Today, Adams told the media, “there is a strong possibility that the injuries might have been self inflicted.”Police shared that toxicology tests have been performed and will reveal if poisoning was also a factor in Howell’s death. Officials say that evidence was found on the scene. Police also confirm file has been submitted to the coroner’s office to determine if there is a need for a coroner’s inquest.Howell’s family was made aware of the findings before the press conference. Bishop says peace & prosperity is everybody’s responsibility at Law Enforcers Church Service Related Items:conrad howell, rodney adams, suicide Funeral remarks point to a non-suicidal Conrad Howell
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, November 7, 2017 – Nassau – The Cabinet Office announced today that a State-Recognized Funeral will be held for Mr. Calvin James Johnson, former Parliamentarian on Thursday, 9th November, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at St. Francis Xavier Cathedral, West Hill Street.Further, the body will lie-in-repose on Wednesday, 8th November, 2017 from 9:00am – 5:00pm at Butler’s Funeral Home & Crematorium, Ernest and York Streets. Viewing for the general public will be from 1:00 pm – 5:00pm.Press Release: Bahamas Cabinet Office Related Items: