‘Unauthorised’ Kolisi book to remain on shelves

first_img‘ Springbok captain Siya Kolisi  1138  212 熱門話題不要被酵素騙了!在萬寧賣的「這個」直接針對脂肪…熱門話題|SponsoredSponsoredUndo ‘ Five one-cap Boks that could still represent South AfricaSA Rugby MagUndo Post by SA Rugby magazine From the magazine: Jano Vermaak names his Perfect XVFormer Springbok, Bulls, Lions and Stormers scrumhalf Jano Vermaak names a team of the best he played alongside and against.SA Rugby MagUndoLife Exact BrazilGrace Jones Is Now 72 Years Old, This Is Her NowLife Exact Brazil|SponsoredSponsoredUndoCNAHow is life for Cambodian boy linguist after viral fame?CNA|SponsoredSponsoredUndo熱門話題對肚腩脂肪感到後悔!試了在萬寧賣的這個後…熱門話題|SponsoredSponsoredUndoThe Family Breeze餐桌上嘅敵人: 十五種最致命嘅食物The Family Breeze|SponsoredSponsoredUndoLoans | Search AdsGetting a loan in Hong Kong may be easier than you thinkLoans | Search Ads|SponsoredSponsoredUndo Jonathan Bell Publishers has confirmed it does not intend to withdraw the revised version of the unauthorised biography about Springbok captain Siya Kolisi.Written by Jeremy Daniel, the book titled Siya Kolisi, Against All Odds, was initially published before the 2019 World Cup. But following Kolisi and the Boks’ World Cup win, the publisher has since released an updated version of the book, including the cover photo of the South African skipper hoisting the Webb Ellis cup.However, the updated cover also clarifies that it is an ‘unauthorised’ biography.On Thursday, Kolisi’s wife Rachel, lashed out at the author and publishers on her Instagram page, saying ‘white men’ continue ‘benefiting off the back of a black man’.On Friday, publishing director at Jonathan Bell, Jeremy Boraine told Sport24 the updated book will not be recalled from the shelves.‘We’ve taken note of their unhappiness though we’re not withdrawing the book,’ Boraine said. ‘As publisher, Jonathan Bell believes we’ve done nothing wrong.’‘Unauthorised biographies are a well recognised literary genre. Publishers do it all over the world and is focused especially on sports stars, politicians and celebrities,’ he added.Full story herePhoto: Gallo Images ‘center_img Posted in News, Springboks, Stormers, Test Rugby, Top headlines, World Cup Tagged Siya Kolisi, Springboks, Test Rugby, World Cup ‘ ‘ ‘Unauthorised’ Kolisi book to remain on shelves ‘ GoGoPeak10 Most Beautiful Cities You Should Visit Once In Your LifetimeGoGoPeak|SponsoredSponsoredUndoWorld Cup-winning Bok quartet in Eddie Jones’ all-time XVSA Rugby MagUndoWatch: Kolbe makes Test players look amateur – Ugo MonyeSA Rugby MagUndoAlphaCuteOprah’s New House Cost $90 Million, And This Is What It Looks LikeAlphaCute|SponsoredSponsoredUndo Shop Bras Online | Search AdsBrilliant Bra and Panty Sets (take a look)Shop Bras Online | Search Ads|SponsoredSponsoredUndo Published on August 28, 2020 BuzzAura16 Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every DayBuzzAura|SponsoredSponsoredUndolast_img read more

Virtual brokerage Fathom Holdings files for IPO

first_imgFathom Holdings CEO Joshua Harley (Credit: Fathom)Cloud-based brokerage Fathom Holdings, which charges agents a flat fee per deal, wants to raise $14 million through a planned public offering.The 10-year-old company, which has more than 3,600 agents nationwide, filed a registration statement recently with the Securities and Exchange Commission.Fathom’s S-1 filing shows it has experienced revenue growth since 2017, but has also seen a streak of net losses. And while its agent base has grown substantially, the firm acknowledged its model of taking a flat fee per deal an agent makes is a value proposition that is “not typical in real estate.” Fathom previously announcedits intention to become a public company.Roth Capital is the underwriter of the IPO, and Fathom plans to be listed on Nasdaq under the symbol FTHM, according to its S-1 filing. Fathom CEO Joshua Harley, owns 50.7 percent of the shares before the IPO.ADVERTISEMENTThe company said it plans to use the proceeds for “general corporate purposes,” including retaining more agents, developing services and funding capital expenditures.Messages left with Fathom were not immediately returned.Founded in 2010 and incorporated in North Carolina, Fathom operates in 24 states and districts, including California, New Jersey, Florida and Illinois. It targets cities and regions with at least 50,000 people.Fathom gets its revenue by charging agents — who receive equity in the company — a flat fee of $450 for their first 12 deals of the year, according to the filing. That drops to $99 per sale for the rest of the year. Agents also pay Fathom $500 on their first sale every year, which covers operating costs for the firm. On leases negotiated with landlords, Fathom’s cut is $85 per deal.The brokerage brought in $55.4 million in revenue in 2017 and $77.3 million in 2018. For the first nine months of 2019, it raked in $78 million, according to the S-1 filing. Its losses have also been mounting. In 2017, its net loss was about $421,000, which spiked to $1.7 million the following year. For the first nine months of 2019, its losses totaled $2.7 million.Fathom says it has proprietary technology called IntelliAgent, which manages its brokerage operations. According to its filing, the firm said it may someday use that tech to bring together other independent brokerages. Some of the tools the platform offers include website building for agents, content creation, customer relationship management, marketing and deal tracking, according to the filing.But not everyone is sold on the business model.Donovan Jones, CEO of VentureDeal.com, wrote in a commentary on the S-1 filing that Fathom makes “relatively little gross profit,” and its revenue growth, while “significant,” is decelerating. Fathom also charges a flat fee per transaction that drops off, which Jones called a “challenge.”In its filing, the company acknowledged that its model — allowing agents to earn higher commissions and earning equity in the company — could pose a risk. “If agents do not understand our value proposition we might not be able to attract, retain, and incentivize agents,” it wrote.Another virtual brokerage, eXp Realty, went public in 2018, trading at a $1 billion market capitalization. By the end of the first quarter of 2019, it had grown to almost 18,000 agents around the country, its growth coming as other traditional brokerages have sought to reduce their physical footprints.Meanwhile, U.K.-based Purplebricks first offered a $3,200 flat-fee commission to agents but later altered that model. Amid poor performance, it ultimately withdrew from the U.S. market in July, two months after it exited Australia.Write to Mary Diduch at [email protected] This content is for subscribers only.Subscribe Nowlast_img read more

Incarcerated South African blade runner to leave jail on ‘compassionate leave’

Oscar Pistorius. Picture courtesy Oscar Pistorius. Picture courtesySouth African blade runner, Oscar Pistorious, jailed for murdering his girlfriend after a publicized court case will be released from jail on a compassionate leave in order to attend his grandmother’s burial, reports the Daily Mail.Oscar will be freed next week to attend his 93 year old grandmother’s funeral. The 30 year old has been ranked ‘low risk’ thus the permission by the prison bosses to attend his maternal grandmother’s funeral.This is the second time the athlete will attend a burial after attending his paternal grandmother’s burial.“Pistorius, who is serving six years for murdering Steenkamp, a model, in February 2013, is said to be ‘devastated’ after being told about the death of widow Mrs Bekker,” says the Daily Mail. read more

Recovery for the extra league? Joe Veleno could play in…

first_imgPhoto: nhl.comNot just Filip Zadina? According to information from overseas websites, Třinec is negotiating the arrival of another Detroit hockey player, a young Canadian striker, Joe Velen. Detroit will not start next season until December, until then some (not only) of its players could head to Europe.It would be wise to play, because the Red Wings year ended in March. And that’s really a long time ago. Detroit general manager Steve Yzerman has indicated that he would not oppose the idea a priori.However, astronomical sums of player fuses can be a real complication. Nevertheless, some hockey players from the NHL could really visit the Czech Republic.The public has already received information that Karlovy Vary is in contact with three players from the NHL.Třinec is also very active. Steelmakers have officially confirmed interest in Filip Zadinaforward, 20 years old” href=”https://news.google.com/hrac/19024″>Filip Zadina, moreover, information is circulating overseas that he could bring a partner with him Joe Veleno forward, 20 years old” href=”https://news.google.com/hrac/10079976″>Joe Velena. It would be a big event for the Tipsport extra league. Veleno paid for one of the greatest talents of recent times. He even got an exception to play a Canadian junior at the age of fifteen. Apart from him, only six other players have received this privilege: John Tavares, Aaron Ekblad, Connor McDavid, Sean Day and most recently Shane Wright with Connor Bedard.But Joe Velen’s hockey development slowed. In the junior QMJHL, more was expected of him and in the 2018 draft he dropped to 30th place. In any case, Detroit rejoiced at the time that he had a hard-working center left.Twenty-year-old Veleno is still waiting for his NHL debut. He spent last season on a farm in Grand Rapids, where he scored 23 points (11 + 12) in 54 games. He will remember the past year mainly thanks to the Canadian national team – he was able to win a gold medal at the World Junior Championships in Ostrava and Třinec.He has great experiences from the Moravian-Silesian region.Will he return there now to help Třinec at the start of the season? And is the information of overseas websites true at all?Current staff of HC Oceláři TřinecGoalkeepers: Jakub Stepanek, Nick Malik.Defenders: Marian Adamek, Milan Doudera, Guntis Galvins, Martin Gernat, Filip Haman, Ondrej Hrachovsky, Patrik Husak, Jan Jaromersky, Tomas Kundratek, David Musil, Jan Zahradnicek.Forwards: Vladimír Dravecký, Patrik Hrehorčák, Erik Hrňa, Aron Chmielewski, David Kofroň, Michal Kovařčík, Ondřej Kovařčík, Daniel Kurovský, Tomáš Marcinko, Miloš Roman, Martin Růžička, Matěj Stránský, Radek Veselý, Petr Vrána.Photo: nhl.com Share on Facebook Share on Twitterlast_img read more

‘India’ in the winning BCCI Trophy, but we won ‘; …

first_imgKarachi: Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq will never forget the one-day international against India at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata in 2004. It was a one-day event organized by the BCCI as part of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Inzamam reveals that the organizers had confirmed that India would win that day and had written “India” in place of the winners of the trophy. India won the toss and elected to bat first. But Salman Butt put in a good performance and Pakistan won the match. In a video posted on his YouTube channel, Inzamam described the incident to the BCCI.The BCCI has invited politicians and former captains from both the countries to attend the November 13, 2004 match. Former captains, including Imran Khan, also came from Pakistan to watch the match.India, led by current BCCI president Sourav Ganguly, won the toss and elected to field. And chose batting. Virender Sehwag (53), VVS Laxman (43) and Sourav Ganguly (48) added Yuvraj Singh’s half-century in the final overs to help India reach 292 for six in the allotted overs. Yuvraj scored 78 off 62 balls.No team in Kolkata has ever chased down such a big score and won. With this, the BCCI, who were also the organizers who ensured that India would win, added India to the trophy during the innings break. They started celebrating at lunchtime.But Pakistan hit back with a century by opener Salman Butt. Salman Butt was unbeaten on 108 off 130 balls with 13 fours. Shuaib Malik and Inzamamul Haque scored half-centuries to give Pakistan an easy victory. With one over to spare, Pakistan reached the target with just four wickets in hand.Content Highlights: Inzamam Ul Haq narrates how Pakistan overcame the odds in BCCIs Platinum Jubilee matchlast_img read more

Watch now: Live-action Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ has an eye-popping new trailer

first_imgDisney(LOS ANGELES) — With just 100 days until its premiere, the trailer for Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of The Lion King is here.The film, directed by Iron Man‘s Jon Favreau, features an all-star cast: Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, Billy Eichner as Timon, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Simba’s evil uncle Scar and James Earl Jones reprising his voice role as King Mufasa. “Life’s not fair, is it my little friend?” Ejiofor, as Scar, says to Glover, as Simba, in the trailer. “While some are born to feast, others spend their lives in the dark begging for scraps.” As in the 1994 animated classic, he later casts the cub away, after killing Simba’s father Mufasa.Amid eye-popping motion-capture, and the kind of photo-realistic visuals seen in Favreau’s previous live-action take on Jungle Book, Jones as Mufasa advises his son, “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give.”He later says, “You must take your place in the circle of life.” Disney’s The Lion King opens in theaters July 19, 2019.Disney is the parent company of ABC News.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more