The Catalans went through 4-2 on aggregate after coming from behind twice to win 3-2 on the night as Atletico were reduced to nine men and were lucky not to be more harshly punished when Arda Turan was only booked for throwing his boot at an assistant referee.“The moment arrived when the game had got ugly and we took off Neymar so it didn’t get any more heated,” said Enrique.“Players ought to be intelligent and know that they are fellow professionals.”Neymar had already put Atletico’s hopes of reaching the last four to the sword well before he was replaced by Pedro Rodriguez 13 minutes from time.The Brazilian levelled with his 20th goal of the season after Fernando Torres had brought Atletico level in the tie with a first minute opener.Raul Garcia then briefly put Atletico back in front from the spot, but Miranda’s own goal made it 2-2 before Neymar pounced again on the counter-attack three minutes before the break.Atletico captain Gabi was then sent-off at half-time and Mario Suarez was also dismissed as the Spanish champions completely lost their heads after the break.“Neymar showed the attitude he always does. He is a player with a lot of confidence and helps us all in all phases of the game. Today he was outstanding,” added Enrique.However, Atletico boss Diego Simeone defended his players despite referee Jesus Gil Manzano showing six yellow cards and two reds to his side during a tempestuous 90 minutes.“I feel proud of my players. In the first-half they were extraordinary and showed an incredible fight.“It was very difficult to attack because the ball was bobbling all the time. Barcelona played on the counter-attack, which is rare for them and they did it very well.”Simeone also accepted the responsibility for his side’s showing after the break as he shut up shop in hope of avoiding a more demoralising scoreline.“In the second-half due to my decision the team played as you saw, without taking any risks so that they didn’t score.“I tried to do the best for my club and my players. We played the most convenient way for us. I am the coach and it is what I thought was the right thing to do.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000MADRID, January 29 – Barcelona boss Luis Enrique said he had to substitute two-goal star Neymar to prevent the Brazilian from being injured as his side’s Copa del Rey quarter-final, second leg with Atletico Madrid turned nasty.
Happy hour begins at Kelly’s Centra Mountain Top today as they slash prices on fuel!Kelly’s are cutting a whopping 5 cent per litre off all grades of fuel. But hurry! This offer runs only today (Tuesday 5th Sept) and tomorrow (Wednesday 6th Sept) between 4pm and 6pm.So make sure and fill up your vehicle at Kelly’s Centra Mountain Top later this afternoon! It’s going to be busy so get in early. The phenomenal deal is running this week to support customers with kids going back to school. It’s an expensive time of the year, so Kelly’s are lending a helping hand to families on the school run.Fill up the car and fill up on great dealsRemember, there are loads of back to school offers in the award winning Centra to help you spend less. With ample parking, you’ll have plenty of time to get everything you need for the kids’ lunch boxes.Kelly’s American Roadside DinerWe all know how cool the award winning American Roadside Diner is, and this week it has its famous Jakes burger meal deals on all this week and every week. The delicious offer is €9.95 for a 6oz beef burger and fries plus a free drink of your choice. At this price, there’s not likely to be a diner in the country that offers better value for money or greater customer service.So, once you’ve filled up the car why not treat the family to dinner at Kelly’s – which has become a one-stop place for brilliant back to school offers.Visit www.facebook.com/kellys.centramountaintop on Facebook for more fantastic offers!Act Fast! Fuel prices drop at Kelly’s Centra back to school bonanza was last modified: September 5th, 2017 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
ETHAN O’DONNELL assesses Gaoth Dobhair and the Naomh Conaill forward quickly comes to the conclusion that the Magheragallon men have ‘no weakness’.O’Donnell – pictured in action during the 2017 final against Kilcar – is set to feature in his fourth Donegal SFC final this Sunday when Naomh Conaill take on the reigning Ulster champions.“They have county standard players all over the field,” O’Donnell said. “There is no weakness in their team.“When they smell blood they’ll go for it. Look through their starting fifteen. They have county seniors, under-21s and minors all over and county minors on the bench.”However, O’Donnell insists that ‘anything can happen’ on the big day and he says Naomh Conaill want to make the most of the chance after successive final defeats.He said: “We’re lucky. This is my fourth final in six years, but don’t take it for granted. You still pinch yourself when you wake up on county final day.” Listen to the full interview, with Paddy McGill of Ocean FM, below …Listen: ‘Gaoth Dobhair have no weakness’ – Ethan O’Donnell was last modified: October 16th, 2019 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:2019 Donegal SFCEthan O’DonnellGaoth DobhairGlentiesNaomh Conaill