Author HomeLatest Stories OTE eyes Telekom Romania asset split for quick sale Tags Previous ArticleSafaricom chief Bob Collymore diesNext ArticleSK Telecom, Samsung edge towards 5G SA launch Chris Donkin AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 01 JUL 2019 OTE Group lined-up three buyers for individual business segments of its Telekom Romania operation, with a target of completing the sets of negations within four months, Economica reported.The Romanian business publication sated Orange is in pole position to land the mobile segment of Telekom Romania, while a Russian investment fund led by businessman Spas Roussev is already in talks to buy the fixed proportion of the business.Its satellite TV operation is being targeted by Digi Communications-owned rival RCS & RDS.Although OTE Group’s largest shareholder Deutsche Telekom is apparently keen to accelerate the sale, a sticking point is said to be the debt pile attributed to the unit.Rumours OTE Group was set to exit Romania emerged in January, shortly after the sale of its Albania unit to a Roussev-led investment company. At the time, OTE Group was said to be in talks to sell its controlling stake in Telkom Romania to Roussev, however it now appears the preferred route is to break it into business lines.The transactions would be subject to regulatory approval. In the mobile sector, selling to Orange would reduce the number of operators to three. Combining the two bases as they stood at the end of Q1 2019 (by GSMA Intelligence connection figures) would give Orange a market share of 53 per cent.Orange already leads the market by connections with 10 million, followed by Vodafone with 9.7 million. Telekom Romania had 4.9 million, with RCS & RDS on 3.4 million. Subscribe to our daily newsletter Back Chris joined the Mobile World Live team in November 2016 having previously worked at a number of UK media outlets including Trinity Mirror, The Press Association and UK telecoms publication Mobile News. After spending 10 years in journalism, he moved… Read more Deutcshe TelekomOTETelekom Romania
The victim told first responders he felt pain and “remembers his body feeling cold” after waking up and seeing paramedics surround him while he was still on the floor.The father was taken by Acadian EMS to CHRISTUS Southeast Texas-St. Elizabethin Beaumont, where it was discovered he sustained a pelvic fracture. A Jefferson County grand jury has indicted a 41-year-old Port Arthur man for pushing his 90-year-old father backward, leading to a pelvic fracture.According to the probable cause affidavit, Farnzo Martin III and his father were at their home in the 800 block of Dewalt Avenue at approximately 1 a.m. Oct. 18, 2019, when the father asked his son if he knew where the vinegar was so he could rub it on his leg.The accused reportedly became angry and ran toward his father and pushed him, causing him to fall backward on the floor, authorities said. Farnzo Martin III was arrested March 3 on a charge of injury to an elderly individual.He remains jailed on a $100,000 bond.
Morris Claiborne’s annual football camp is set for Saturday at Independence StadiumFormer LSU star and current Dallas Cowboy Morris Claiborne will host his annual free football camp at Independence Stadium on Saturday. The camp will feature two sessions – one for ages 5-12 and another for kids 13-18.The clinics will be conducted by Claiborne, set to enter his fourth year as a Cowboys cornerback, and some “NFL friends.”Ages 5-12 need to register at 7:30 a.m. That camp begins at 9 a.m.Ages 13-18 will register at 11:30 a.m. That session starts at 1 p.m.Both sessions are limited to the first 150 participants.