“It makes no sense to say that the player was notified if it was not so. Madrid has not been able to anything more than analyse the nature of this reality and we believe the suspension was not done effectively. But Perez held a news conference on Thursday night to deny any Madrid wrongdoing and essentially pin the blame on the RFEF and Villarreal for not telling Madrid about Cheryshev’s suspension – he had been playing on loan with the Yellow Submarines when he accrued three bookings to pick up the ban. “After an analysis with the board of directors, we have decided that the suspension for three yellow cards was not effective because no one communicated it to the player as per Article 41. The Andalusian side complained about the incident officially and Madrid are at risk of being kicked out of the tournament. “No one was negligent at Real Madrid. That is our conclusion after speaking with our legal team.” 03/12/2015 Sport EN Upd. on 04/12/2015 at 00:14 CET “We will in the very least go to the CAS because there is jurisdiction. If someone did not do their job, we would ask for forgiveness. But if the player has not told us, nor the federation, nor Villarreal, it is impossible for us to be aware. We did not receive any information on July 27. The federation knows this. “We did not have any knowledge nor did the player of his own suspension. No one knew,” Perez said. “Real Madrid was not aware of the existence of any sanction, no one communicated that to us. The CAS [Court for Arbitration of Sport] has dictated that a player must receive a personal notification. If we admit that the suspension was efficent, it would have to have been annulled according to Article 112, which states that the suspension is not effective because it was not communicated to the player so there was no fielding of an ineligible player. Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insists his club did not know Denis Cheryshev was suspended and they should not be punished for playing him in the Copa del Rey fourth round win over Cadiz.