Gerald: Just because I’ve been bashed doesn’t mean I’d stop working So it was a bit of a guess which Nishikori would turn up Wednesday at a sunny but somewhat windy Court Philippe Chatrier.Murray got a taste of the Nishikori’s stylish shot-making in the first set, then saw Nishikori carelessly give points away in the second set, disintegrate completely after forcing a third-set tiebreaker and lose six straight games despite securing an early break in the fourth set.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSMcGregor blasts Cerrone in 40 seconds in UFC returnSPORTSBreak new ground“For sure I need more consistency. I should, you know, maintain the level like I did in the first set,” the eighth-seeded Japanese player said. “I think my serve got a little bit bad today, missing too many first serves.”Murray was happy to profit. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend The match was still evenly poised — it was only 1-1 — yet it seemed as if Nishikori knew he’d missed his chance.He was right.The next five games flew by in a blur of Murray’s winners and Nishikori’s unforced errors: One player commanding from the front foot, the other backing off toward defeat.When Murray broke him again and held for love, making it 4-1, Nishikori sat slumped forward with a towel draped over his head.He simply never looked capable of launching a comeback. Instead, he seemed listless, almost resigned to losing to Murray for the ninth time in their 11 career matches.Nishikori needs a rest before he goes to play on grass.“Well, I try to take couple days off, because I have some issues with my body right now,” the 27-year-old said. “Recover first and try to be ready for Wimbledon.” Wladimir Klitschko says he’ll decide future within 2 weeks LATEST STORIES Japan’s Kei Nishikori gestures after missing a shot during his quarterfinal match of the French Open tennis tournament against Britain’s Andy Murray at the Roland Garros stadium, in Paris, France. APPARIS — Kei Nishikori’s French Open ended with an appropriately erratic performance against top-ranked Andy Murray in the quarterfinals.The 2-6, 6-1, 7-6 (0), 6-1 score and the manner of the defeat fittingly reflected how inconsistently Nishikori had been playing. In his previous four matches at Roland Garros, he twice won a set 6-0 and twice lost a set 6-0.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ China reports 17 new cases in viral pneumonia outbreak “He played, you know, a very bad tiebreak and a bad game where I broke him in the fourth set, and also in the second (set),” said Murray, listing the errors. “Today (he) was maybe more erratic than usual, but I do think a little bit of that was to do with the conditions being difficult.”It was a far cry from Nishikori’s five-set win against Murray in the quarterfinals of last year’s U.S. Open, where he had trailed 2-1 in sets before turning the tables on Murray.When Wednesday’s humiliating tiebreaker ended, a dejected Nishikori took out his aggression on his racket by hurling it down.His body language spoke increasingly of a player heading for trouble.After he broke Murray at the start of the fourth set to raise his hopes of a comeback, Nishikori immediately lost his serve. He stood glumly at the far side of the court with his back to Murray, his arms stretched out against the backstop of the court, his head down between them.ADVERTISEMENT More Taal volcanic quakes recorded despite weaker eruptions Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite Missile-capable frigate BRP Jose Rizal inches closer to entering PH Navy’s fleet Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Trump’s impeachment defense, prosecutors dig in View comments Ai-Ai delas Alas on Jiro Manio: ‘Sana pinahalagahan niya ang naitulong ko’ For Ina, portraying a zombie is like an ‘out-of-body experience’ Swing Out Sister back to PH this April
Two persons are nursing injuries at the West Demerara Regional Hospital (WDRH) while five others escaped unhurt during an early morning accident at Meten-Meer-Zorg, West Coast Demerara.The vehicle involved in the accidentGuyana Times understands that the accident occurred at around 02:30h on Saturday.While information surrounding the accident remains sketchy, residents of the village recall hearing a loud impact and upon investigating noticed the car with its four wheels in the air.Public-spirited persons pulled the occupants from the muddy water and rushed them to the WDRH. Five of them were later discharged.Commander of D Division (West Demerara), Leslie James, confirmed that the car, bearing registration plate PRR 6669, was proceeding in a westerly direction when the driver lost control, resulting in the vehicle ending up in a nearby trench.An investigation has been launched into the accident.
A bonafide shower was reported along the San Diego (405) Freeway corridor shortly before sunrise. Any rain is welcomed, since the Southland just suffered through its driest season on record, with only 3.21 inches between July 1, 2006 and the first of the month. “It happens, but it is fairly rare,” Bruno said, adding that monsoonal moisture typically starts streaming in front the south around midsummer, bringing the prospect of thunderstorms. The most rain fell in the mountains, but only a fraction of an inch. The Antelope Valley got about a hundreth of an inch, Bruno said. The record rainfall for the date in downtown Los Angeles is 0.08 of an inch, set in 1986, he said, adding that the average for July is 0.01 of an inch. Rain. Imagine that. Well, it is not enough to quench parched hillsides, but a rare summer rain did fall across most of the Los Angeles basin overnight and this morning and a 20 percent chance of rain or thundershowers is forecast for today. “A few areas may get lucky and few hundreths of an inch,” said Meteorologist Dave Bruno of the National Weather Service in Oxnard. In general, it doesn’t really rain in July. “There are several days in the month that it’s never rained” in about 130 years of record-keeping, Bruno said. The most it has ever rain in July is 0.24 of an inch, and that was in 1886, he said. Big raindrops first started hitting the streets last night, and light showers were reported around the region overnight, possibly contributing to an accident in which a vehicle crashed into a Starbucks in Sherman Oaks.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m. MAGIC FIRE: About 1,750 acres in northern Los Angeles County, including Stevenson Ranch. Forty percent contained with full containment expected today. About a half-dozen homes damaged. No evacuations and no buildings threatened. San Bernardino County SLIDE FIRE: More than 4,000 acres in Green Valley Lake area of the San Bernardino Mountains, east of Lake Arrowhead. At least 200 homes destroyed, 4,000 homes threatened and several communities evacuated. GRASS VALLEY FIRE: More than 1,000 acres in Grass Valley area northwest of Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino Mountains. At least 115 homes destroyed, 1,500 homes threatened and several communities evacuated. Orange County: Major wildfires burning in California, by county, as of Tuesday night: Los Angeles County BUCKWEED FIRE: About 37,812 acres south of Agua Dulce in northeastern Los Angeles County. Eighty percent contained; 32 homes, 17 outbuildings and 40 vehicles destroyed. Four people injured. About 15,000 people and 5,500 homes evacuated. CANYON FIRE: About 4,500 acres in coastal community of Malibu. 75 contained; six homes, two businesses, a church destroyed; nine homes, five commercial buildings damaged. Four people injured. About 1,500 people, including several celebrities, evacuated. SANTIAGO FIRE: About 18,000 acres east of Irvine. Thirty percent contained; several outbuildings damaged. Four minor injuries to firefighters. At least 1,000 people evacuated. San Diego County WITCH FIRE: About 196,420 acres in northern San Diego County between Witch Creek to Rancho Santa Fe. One percent contained; 500 homes, 100 businesses and 50 outbuildings destroyed; 375 other structures damaged, including 250 homes and 50 businesses. Two civilians and 12 firefighters injured. HARRIS FIRE: About 72,000 acres about 70 miles southeast of San Diego, north of the border town of Tecate. Ten percent contained; 200 structures destroyed and 2,500 threatened. One civilian killed, 21 civilians and five firefighters injured. RICE FIRE: At least 7,500 acres in Fallbrook in northern San Diego County. Ten percent contained; 500 homes and businesses destroyed and 30 others damaged. One person injured. POOMACHA FIRE: 20,000 acres on the La Jolla Indian Reservation and in northeastern San Diego County. No containment; 50 structures destroyed and 2,000 threatened. Ten people injured. More than 346,000 homes ordered evacuated as a result of the San Diego County fires. Ventura County: RANCH FIRE: About 47,240 acres in the Castaic area near Piru. Ten percent contained; three homes, four outbuildings destroyed, 500 homes and 50 commercial buildings threatened. No injuries reported. Santa Barbara County: SEDGEWICK FIRE: 710 acres near Los Olivos. Fully contained. No evacuations. No homes destroyed and no reports of injuries. – The Associated Press 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Watch highlights of Rangers securing a 1-0 win away from home against Queen of the South in the Scottish Championship. Kenny Miller’s second-half looping volley was enough to separate the sides and maintain the Ibrox side’s eight point lead on Hibernian at the top of the table. The strike was Miller’s 100th Scottish league goal for the club across his three spells at Rangers.Next up for Mark Warburton’s side is a home clash against St Mirren this weekend while Queen of the South travel to Falkirk.
Gardaí have launched an investigation into the major fire which tore through buildings on Main Street and Ferris Lane Buncrana on Sunday night.A number of businesses and residences were destroyed in the blaze, which broke out after 9pm.John Barr’s drapery shop and the Buncrana Plaza venue were worst affected by the destructive inferno. The public is being warned to stay away due to health and safety risks. Gardaí have confirmed that they are probing the circumstances surrounding the fire. Anyone with information is asked to contact Buncrana Garda Station on 074-93661555 or the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111.Gardaí are also advising members of the public to avoid the area where possible as there is currently a significant asbestos risk as a result of the fire.Fire Service personnel are currently at the scene and a portion of the Main Street/ Ferris Lane area of the town remains closed.There are diversions in place along Castle Avenue and the Cassie road. These diversions will remain in place until a full technical examination of the scene has been completed. Featured photo: Ian CallaghanCommunity devastated as iconic buildings destroyed in Buncrana blazeGardaí launch investigation into Buncrana fire was last modified: February 6th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:buncranafireGardai
In the middle of what many experts consider one of the wildest election seasons in American history, a handful of Southwestern Community College students have an opportunity to become a key part of the process.Eight members of Dr. Bucky Dann’s Social Problems class are researching local and statewide issues while preparing to ask candidates questions in a series of upcoming debates on SCC’s Jackson Campus.The first of these will be at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29, and will feature candidates for the Jackson County Board of Commissioners: Democratic incumbents Vicki Greene and Mark Jones as well as Republican challengers Ron Mau and Mickey Luker.“I’ve been into some issues in the past, but now I’m able to learn more and get more involved,” said Alma Russ, a student from Whittier. “Local politics are where you can make a real difference. Being part of these debates is a little intimidating, but it’s also quite exciting.”Other debates at SCC this fall will feature candidates in the N.C. Senate race between Sen. Jim Davis (R) and challenger Jane Hipps (D) on Tuesday, Oct. 11, as well as the N.C. House race between Rep. Joe Sam Queen (D) and Mike Clampitt (R) on Tuesday, Oct. 25.The same N.C. House and Senate candidates participated in SCC’s inaugural debates two years ago.All debates will take place at 7 p.m. in the Burrell Building Conference Center.“It’s crazy to think we get to be a part of it this year by having debates here,” said Matthew Travers, a student who currently resides in Sylva. “All of the questions will be asked by my classmates and myself. It’s cool knowing that we’ll have a role, however small it may be, in the election.”In preparation for the debates, The Sylva Herald editor Quintin Ellison visited the class and discussed several of the key issues in local and statewide races.Dr. Dann said class sessions have been devoted to helping students set aside their own opinions on issues so that they can see all points of view and remove any bias from questions that will be asked.“It’s one thing to study about political issues on paper and to talk about them in class,” Dr. Dann said. “When you’re able to actually ask people for office where they stand on significant issues of the day, that takes the learning process to a whole new level. We are grateful all these candidates have agreed to participate, and we know these debates will be meaningful in helping voters make informed decisions when they go to the polls.”
December 31st, 2009 Burton has put together a great report called Collaboration and Content Strategies.It’s an interesting look at how enterprises are coming to grips with the Social Networking phenomena. Most companies feel that they are behind the curve in this area and are missing out, but they also have a hard time coming up with the concrete business benefits that they will be able to derive from using it, and adoption is being slowed because of that.The Burton Group report identifies areas that people in their survey cited as areas where Social Networking could help their enterprises improve:– Better connection between people at remote locations– Breaking down barriers between groups– Centralizing knowledge — what do we know?– Assisting in better collaborationAs a result of the study, Burton classified social networking benefits into four groups:Expertise Location:– Finding who knows what– Finding who knows whomCommunity Building– Sharing best practices amont peers– Building relationships with colleaguesRecruitment and Retention– Providing professional support– Mentoring among employees– Attracting new hires, tapping into experience of alumni and retireesKnowledgebase– Knowledge Mangement– Talent Management Leave a Comment Leave a Reply Cancel reply Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Comment Name *E-mail *Website ‹ ECM: Enterprise Search is a Supplement, not a Replacement, for ECM Enterprise Software: Casualty of the Great Recession › Category: Technology
The Division No. 3 police have booked a non-resident Indian and his father for duping a woman of cash and jewellery on the pretext of marriage. Related Items
Reports in Korean media have indicated that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 will come with 4GB RAM. These reports have been based on statements from analysts working in the financial sector of Korea. Till now, it had been speculated that the devices would come with 3GB of RAM. Also, almost confirmed is an Edge variation of the handset which will probably sport curved displays on both sides of the phone. The next flagship from the stable of Samsung is being anticipated for a launch during the MWC, Barcelona event. Some other rumored specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone are as follows-1. Snapdragon 810 Exynos 7420 chipset2. 5.5 inch QHD 1440 x 2560 pixels display3. 20 MP main camera, 5MP front camera